Westlake, Texas, April 30, 2014 – “The Informed Consumer” is the focus of the third-annual Healthcare Women2Watch annual meeting held today and May 1 at Deloitte University in Westlake, Texas.
Sponsored by Deloitte Consulting LLP, Women2Watch is career-development program for emerging women leaders in healthcare. It uses a virtual network and live gatherings to broaden their executive skills, knowledge of the industry and networks with industry leaders in preparing these next-generation leaders for senior roles in healthcare. Candidates are nominated from their respective organizations. At the annual meeting, attendees explored how to lead in a growing era of “consumerism” in which patients act consumers in engaging the healthcare system. They also heard from the following speakers:
- Laura Beth Brown, vice president, Vanderbilt Home Care/Health Services and Camille Lee, senior vice president, diabetes marketing, Novo Nordisk, presented on “Patient Centricity and the Future of Consumer Driven Healthcare”
- Ann Bundy, president and founder of Cadena, hosted “Executive Coaching, the Benefits, Barriers and Methods that Affect Executive Leaders”
- Connie Glaser, writer, speaker on women’s leadership and communications presented “Empower your Leadership Potential as an Effective Communicator”
- Megan Kristel, leader at KristelClosets.com, discussed “Expressing your Personal Brand”
- Fawn Lopez, publisher, Modern Healthcare, spoke on “Women in Leadership”
- Christie Smith, managing principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP, Deloitte University Leadership Center for Inclusion, spoke on “Authentic Self”
“Women2Watch is more than a networking session – it’s a vehicle that’s designed to accelerate the career path of talented women who can make a difference in healthcare,” said Shawn Snyder, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP and a sponsor of the annual meeting. “This is an industry that is under tremendous pressure to change fundamentally, but with that comes opportunities for women to step up and help lead this change for the good of their organizations, patients and the community.”
For more information, email [email protected]
About Deloitte’s Life Sciences and Health Care Practice
Deloitte offers a distinctive menu of professional services delivered in an integrated approach that address all segments of the health plan, health care provider and life sciences industries. For more information, visit www.deloitte.com/us/healthsciences.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
SOURCE: Deloitte LLP