Esterline Connection Technologies
General Ledger Accountant, Joslyn Sunbank Co., LLC, ECT Americas
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Joslyn Sunbank Co. LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, Connection Technologies.
Company Name: Joslyn Sunbank Co., LLC, a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 200
Title: GL Accountant
Job Family: Accounting/Finance
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Team Structure: Accounting staff mainly in Paso Robles, CA, also interacts with personnel in Tijuana, Mexico and Santiago, DR
Works with: employees across different sites; Dominican Republic, Mexico
Location: Paso Robles, CA
Type: Full-Time, Regular
Job Summary / Primary Responsibilities
Sunbank, a business within the Esterline Technologies Company, is offering an exceptional opportunity to be part of a Finance team that is driving growth and profitability. The General Ledger Accountant will manage the timely, accurate and monthly accounting close in accordance with US-GAAP, and ensure that all internal reporting is completed within the company’s deadlines. This position works closely with the Accounting Manager and Director of Finance to ensure accurate financial reporting and identify areas for operational improvement to maximize shareholder return. Strong analytical skills are essential to supporting the on-going Lean Manufacturing transformation.
The General Ledger Accountant job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Booking all period-specific GL journal entries.
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Development and maintenance of financial and operational KPI’s
- Effective implementation and monitoring of SOX controls.
- Support of the company’s on-going Lean Manufacturing environment and transformation.
- Posting of payroll JE’s.
- Monthly filing of excise and use taxes.
- Maintain spreadsheets and monitor fixed asset expenditures.
- Maintenance of assets tracked in Fixed Asset system.
- Interface with Director of Finance, A/P and A/R staff.
- Complete all inter-company billing and reconciliation.
- GL account analysis as required.
- Report actual results to corporate headquarter.
- Solid understanding of accrual-based accounting
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and a self-starter
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to execute under time constraints
- Experience working in a manufacturing company is a plus
- CPA is a plus
- Strong Excel skills required
- Hyperion Enterprise and MFG/pro experience is a plus
- Knowledge of SOX and internal controls is a plus
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university in accounting, finance or other related area of expertise
- 1 to 5 years applicable work experience in accounting or finance.
- Big 4 Public Accounting or other public accounting firm experience strongly encouraged
- Ability and willingness to travel on a quarterly basis to sister facilities in Mexico or the Dominican Republic
- CPA certifications are preferable.
- Prior MFG/pro experience a plus.
- Be responsible for safety awareness in all jobs to help eliminate injuries to yourself and your team members
- Learn and follow all safety requirements. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action
- Constantly check for safety hazards and ensure problems are rectified promptly
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Report to work fit for duty and not affected by alcohol, drugs, medications or other harmful influences
- Actively participate in safety improvement activities
- Report any unsafe practices by coworkers or contractors
- Immediately report all injuries and other safety incidents
- If you are injured return to work as soon as possible to appropriate duties
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers; is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving – Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Have the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening – Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented – Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure – Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence.
- Values Diversity – Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: